WE ARE OPEN!!
Beginning Monday July 6th our hours are:
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday: 10 a.m. to 5 p.m
Wednesday: Noon to 5:00 p.m.
Our services and hours have been adjusted in the interest of best service and of safety for
the public and staff.
Below are our opening guidelines:
• The number of patrons in the library will be limited to ten people on the adult (first) floor and ten people on the children’s (second) floor.
• Time spent in the library will be limited to 30 minutes.
• Masks must be worn in the library for the safety of everyone. An exception is made for children under two years of age. Hand sanitizer is available for all entering the building.
• Patrons are asked to observe 6-foot social distancing protocol and to refrain as much as possible from touching material not being checked out.
• In this stage of reopening, public computers and seating and the meeting rooms will not be available.
• Children under the age of 12 must be accompanied by an adult.
• In cases when the recommended quarantine has not yet happened for people coming from out of Maine, curbside service is available.
• For reference, research, and technology assistance, please call 207-338-3884 ext. 25.
• Materials on the third floor will be made available by appointment.
Please return all books and library materials in the book drop before entering. All items will be quarantined for 3 days before checking in.
No overdue fines will accrue during this period.
The Library will continue to offer curbside pickup:
To place item on hold:
Put the items you want on hold: Place the hold yourself on Minerva, Or call 207-338-3884 ext.10 between 10:00 AM and 5:00 PM Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday, and 12:00-5:00 PM Wednesday.
We will gather the items placed on hold as the requests come in, then place the material in paper bags with your name.
If you have email notification set up, you will receive an email saying that your items are ready. Otherwise, we will call you.
Arranging for your curbside pickup
When you arrive to pick up your items, please give us a call 207-338-3884 ext. 10 from your car or the sidewalk, maintaining 6-foot social distance from others. We will bring your items outside and place on the designated bench for you to pick up.
UPDATE: As of July 13th, the Inter Library Loan System is back!
Requesting from other Minerva Libraries is now possible.
Please take advantage of and explore the library’s digital resources, which are available through our website: e-books and e-audiobooks on CloudLibrary ; movies on Kanopy; craft projects on Creativebug; self-publishing and a variety of other resources on Biblioboard; and a multitude of information resources through the Digital Maine Library. For more information check out the video below.
Also, please stay tuned for updates as we explore potential delivery of other services during this unique time.
DUE TO THE PANDEMIC THIS PROGRAM HAS BEEN SUSPENDED FOR NOW.
Beginning on September 16, 2019, the Belfast Free Library will take part in a one year pilot program called the Maine Reciprocal Borrowing Program. Basically it means any BFL library card holder may walk into any of the 68 participating libraries and borrow items from that library. Patrons from those libraries will also be able to come in and check out our items. Unfortunately, because of differences in operating systems and other reasons, not all libraries are taking part at this time. For a list of participating libraries click here. For more information click here.