The ABCD project and the Belfast Free Library invite you to submit photos of your favorite Belfast-area places… and your favorite ways to enjoy them!
Share your photos of the things you love most about Belfast and our corner of Maine… What activities and places bring you joy and gratitude? Look around you, and be inspired.
Submissions can be photos from past and present-day. We’ll judge in two categories:
PLACES - Gathering places, scenic views, hidden gems, favorite spots to visit and enjoy your surroundings. Think about natural places and man-made spots alike!
PLAY - Walking, beach-going, reading, dancing, gardening, dining, curling, creating or seeing art, boating, music, festivals, hiking, biking, live theater, shopping, movie-going, farmers markets, community events, family & friend traditions, and so many more possibilities!
How to submit your photo
- Review the Contributor Agreement. By submitting, you agree to these contest terms.
- Send us your digital photo (high resolution preferred) by email at [email protected] and put “Photo contest” in the Subject line.
- Tell us the date (or approximate date) photo was taken.
- Share a brief caption / description of why this photo represents one of your favorite Belfast-area places or activities!
If you need assistance submitting your photo digitally, please email Brenda Harrington at [email protected].
Deadline for submission: Friday, July 15th, 2022
Prizes and judging
1st Prize (one will be awarded in each category - Place and Play) - $50 gift certificate for a Belfast-area business who is all about PLAY and PLACE! Your choice:
We will print and hang the winning submissions in a temporary exhibit in the Belfast Free Library. When the exhibit is done, the winners will be given their printed photos.
2nd & 3rd Prizes - $25 gift certificate to one of the above businesses; your choice.
All winning photos will be shared on the Library and ABCD websites, Instagram and Facebook with congratulations!
Photo submissions will be judged by Amy Tingle. Amy relocated to Maine from New Jersey in April of 2020. She’s a practicing fine artist, editor, and writer. In 2010 she founded Brave Girls Art, a creative workshop series for girls and women, which was folded into the small business she began with her wife in 2013—The Creativity Caravan, an organization whose mission was to design and facilitate creative programs across the United States. Most recently she co-founded the small press Toad Hall Editions and acts as their Creative Director. Currently Amy is the Program Director at Waterfall Arts in Belfast, Maine.
Short version (read the full Contributor Agreement here) - by submitting an image, you certify that:
- You are 18-years of age or older (if you aren’t, get someone who is to submit on your behalf!).
- You agree to give the Belfast Free Library rights to use your image in print or online.
- You have received permission to share from all the people in your image who might be recognized in it.