Thank you for your ongoing support. Please consider making a donation this year. Read the 2020 Annual Appeal Letter here
Planned giving can benefit generations to come by providing crucial financial stability for the library’s programs, events, technological services, and more. There are many ways to offer a planned gift, including:
There are many ways to offer a planned gift, including:
- Bequest- Designate the Belfast Free Library in your will or trust as the recipient of a gift of securities, a percentage, residual, or specific amount of your assets.
- Charitable Gift Annuities and Other Trusts- Make a gift and create an annuity income for yourself or a loved one with the library as the beneficiary to receive the residual gift.
- Life Insurance- Designate the proceeds of an insurance policy to the Belfast Free Library to transfer ownership of the policy to the library at a designated date during your lifetime.
- Real Estate and Collectibles- There are several ways to give real estate, whether outright or deferred, as part of your estate planning.
- Retirement Plan- Name the Belfast Free Library as a beneficiary through your IRA, 401K, or other retirement plan assets. Gifts of securities are accepted.
- Once a year the Belfast Free Library undertakes a fundraising campaign to support the library.
- Additionally, the BFL is honored to accept financial contributions at any time of the year. See the “donate” button below.
- A memorial gift is a thoughtful way to remember and honor an individual. The library director will be pleased to consult with potential donors of Memorial Gifts to determine the most appropriate use of a contribution.
Contact the Belfast Free Library to learn more:
106 High Street, Belfast, Maine 04915
The Belfast Free Library is a not for profit organization recognized as tax exempt under Internal Revenue code section 501(c)(3).
Contributions to the Belfast Free Library are tax-deductible to the fullest extent established by law.