Planned giving can benefit generations to come by providing crucial financial stability for the library’s programs, events, technological services, and more. There are many ways to offer a planned gift, including:
There are many ways to offer a planned gift, including:
- Bequest- Designate the Belfast Free Library in your will or trust as the recipient of a gift of securities, a percentage, residual, or specific amount of your assets.
- Charitable Gift Annuities and Other Trusts- Make a gift and create an annuity income for yourself or a loved one with the library as the beneficiary to receive the residual gift.
- Life Insurance- Designate the proceeds of an insurance policy to the Belfast Free Library to transfer ownership of the policy to the library at a designated date during your lifetime.
- Real Estate and Collectibles- There are several ways to give real estate, whether outright or deferred, as part of your estate planning.
- Retirement Plan- Name the Belfast Free Library as a beneficiary through your IRA, 401K, or other retirement plan assets. Gifts of securities are accepted.
- Once a year the Belfast Free Library undertakes a fundraising campaign to support the library.
- Additionally, the BFL is honored to accept financial contributions at any time of the year. See the “donate” button below.
- A memorial gift is a thoughtful way to remember and honor an individual. The library director will be pleased to consult with potential donors of Memorial Gifts to determine the most appropriate use of a contribution.
Contact the Belfast Free Library to learn more:
106 High Street, Belfast, Maine 04915
The Belfast Free Library is a not for profit organization recognized as tax exempt under Internal Revenue code section 501(c)(3).
Contributions to the Belfast Free Library are tax-deductible to the fullest extent established by law.