Free Access to the New York Times
As a Belfast Free Library patron, you have free access to The New York Times! Here’s how to get started exploring:
If you are onsite at the Belfast Free Library:
1. Visit nytimes.com using any device. Ensure you are using the library’s WiFi connection.
2. Go to the upper right-hand corner of the screen. Click on “Log in.” You will need to either register for a free account or log in to your existing account.
3. You now have full access to all journalism on nytimes.com while logged in at the library!
(Note: The NYT News App is not included as part of the onsite web-only experience. You may redeem a 24-hour access code to have access to the NYT News App from anywhere.)
If you are NOT onsite at the Belfast Free Library, you can still access New York Times News from anywhere with 24-hour access codes!
1. Go to our library’s dedicated URL https://nytimes.com/subscription/redeem?campaignId=8QYK7&gift_code=8decbaf3b5140d66
to redeem a 24-hour access code.
2. Your code will auto-populate. Click redeem.
3. You will need to either register for a free account or log in to your existing account.
4. After receiving confirmation that your access code is valid, you will have 24-hours of complimentary access to The New York Times, via nytimes.com and the NYT News App.
5. Once your 24-hour access code expires, you can simply repeat the process from Step 1 to redeem another 24-hour code.