In response to the COVID-19 coronavirus pandemic, we have created an online digital archive to document life in Belfast and Waldo County during this time, and now we need your help in this collaborative effort! We invite you to share stories, images, and other items that illustrate your pandemic experiences so that future generations will understand what is happening in our community during this time.
How to contribute:
- Go to https://belfastfreelibrary.omeka.net/contribute
- From the drop down menu, select the type of item that you want to contribute (text, image, video, or audio).
- Fill out the fields and upload your file (if applicable).
- Select the three checkboxes.
- “I’m not a robot.”
- “Publish my contribution on the web.”
- “I agree to the Terms and Conditions.”
- Click “Contribute”. That’s it! Thank you!
Want to contribute, but not sure what to say? Respond to one of the prompts below! Your response can take whatever form you wish, whether it be a drawing, photograph, poem, song, or simple text description. We want to hear from you!
- What do you miss?
- How are your daily/weekly routines different now?
- How have you been keeping in touch with friends and family?
- Have you and your community found new ways to care for neighbors in need?
- Has the epidemic changed the way you think about your home, town, state, country, or the natural environment?
- Have you learned anything new or surprising about yourself or your community?
- What has brought you happiness during this time?
- Have you started or planned any new personal projects or hobbies?
- What do you hope to do when the epidemic is over?
- What do you want future historians to know about your experience?
You’re free to respond in the format of your choice:
- write about it (nonfiction, poetry, short story, etc.)
- take a photograph
- draw it (or paint it, sculpt it, etc.)
- film it
- record an interview
- or something else! Feel free to get creative!