What does Dialogue have to do with Climate Change?
Watch this short video of climate scientist Kathryn Hayhoe’s TED talk on the importance of talking about climate change:
Organizations Promoting Dialogue
- Yale Program on Climate Communication Global warming is one of the greatest threats – and opportunities – of the 21st century. Our fate will be determined by the choices of 7.4 billion people and counting. We are social scientists studying the causes and consequences of public opinion and behavior. We help governments, media, companies, and advocates communicate more effectively. And we publish an online climate news service and daily national radio program, Yale Climate Connections.
- National Coalition for Dialogue and Deliberation: The National Coalition for Dialogue & Deliberation is a network of innovators who bring people together across divides to tackle today’s toughest challenges. NCDD serves as a gathering place, a resource clearinghouse, a news source, and a facilitative leader for this extraordinary community. More about who we are and what we do.
- Makeshift Coffee House
- American Library Association
Guides for having good conversations
- Krista Tippett Civil Conversations Project, https://onbeing.org/civil-conversations-project/better-conversations-guide/
- Celeste Headlee’s TED talk, https://youtu.be/R1vskiVDwl4
- “Intervewing advice” for making Oral Histories https://www.vermontfolklifecenter.org/interviewing-advice