Our services and hours have been adjusted in the interest of best service and of safety for
the public and staff.
Below are our opening guidelines:
• The number of patrons in the library will be limited to ten people on the adult (first) floor and ten people on the children’s (second) floor.
• Time spent in the library will be limited to 30 minutes.
• Masks must be worn in the library for the safety of everyone. An exception is made for children under two years of age. Hand sanitizer is available for all entering the building.
• Patrons are asked to observe 6-foot social distancing protocol and to refrain as much as possible from touching material not being checked out.
• In this stage of reopening, public computers and seating and the meeting rooms will not be available.
• Children under the age of 12 must be accompanied by an adult.
• In cases when the recommended quarantine has not yet happened for people coming from out of Maine, curbside service is available.
• For reference, research, and technology assistance, please call 207-338-3884 ext. 25.
• Materials on the third floor will be made available by appointment.
Please return all books and library materials in the book drop before entering. All items will be quarantined for 3 days before checking in.
No overdue fines will accrue during this period.